Board exams are crucial in every student’s life because it is a turning, point in their academic journey. Students get to choose their favorite career stream and make a choice of institution for higher education. The performance in the Board exam will in fact define the quality of the institution that students can opt for. To pursue higher secondary education in the case of Class 10 Board exams and higher professional education in the case of Class 12. Teachers, therefore have a key role to play during this phase to ensure that students realize their aspirations by making the right choices and also prepare that they prepare adequately to succeed in their chosen goals.
Board exams in India are held by institutions affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Council for Indian School Certificate examinations (CISCE), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) or Cambridge International Education (CIE), International Baccalaureate (IB) and of course the various State Boards.
As we head towards March 2022 and Board exams approach, the dual anxiety of academic stress coupled with the pandemic-induced nightmare of the 2021 board exams continues to haunt the student community and teachers. Fears that history may repeat lurks in every teacher’s mind as the third wave is forcing schools to shut down yet again in various states in order to contain the spread of the virus. If schools are shut down, teachers will not be able to do adequate justice to their roles because yet again, they will lose face-to-face connectivity with students just as it happened last year.
However, they can take a cue from the earlier experience and proactively leverage online platforms to ensure seamless connectivity with their students appearing for board exams, regardless of the shutdown of schools.
Five ways in which teachers can be well prepared for Board exams 2022
- Build an online community of students that are appearing for Class 10 and Class 12 exams and give a focussed and personalized academic attention.
- Use online platform to provide an integrated coaching for Board exams along with IIT-JEE and NEET for students intending to purse medical/engineering professions.
- Create a Cohort for specific students requiring focussed attention in some subjects only and deliver individualised learning programs.
- Create curated content on topics relevant for competitive entrance exams and help students crack IIT-JEE and NEET.
- Last but not the least, use the platform to provide the much-needed mentorship in areas such as special preparation tips for board exams, personality development coaching for competitive exams, confidence building and most important the moral support which will go a long way in ensuring success in exams
We would like to invite all teachers to join the Dynamind platform for free. Here, you can build your own student community with specialized features on evaluations and assessments, handhold them, and make an impact in their lives when they need you the most.