“Tell me and I’ll forget. Teach me and I will remember. Involve me and I learn“Benjamin Franklin
Assessments are an integral part of education through which teachers gain insights into the learning journeys of students. They then evaluate the progress, identify learning needs, and accordingly modify the teaching methodology in order to ensure desired learning outcomes are achieved. From a student’s perspective, assessments set goals that motivate them, give them a feedback loop for self-evaluation, and build self-confidence. Besides, it helps them prepare adequately for exams. Finally, assessments also act as a bridge between teachers and parents to communicate the extent to which teaching has resulted in desired learning outcomes.
Teachers face at least three challenges when it comes to creating assessments:
- Teachers are already under immense pressure to complete the syllabus. If they are overwhelmed with the creation of revision papers and evaluations, manually, it will be a tedious process and drain on the time and energy levels of teachers, resulting in burnout. This will not only reduce teaching time but also impact the effectiveness of teaching and teachers’ wellbeing.
- Secondly, every student has a different knowledge level, aptitude for learning, and grasping ability. Therefore, assessments should be customized to factor in diversity in students’ learning abilities and progress, which is dynamic. This is almost impossible in a manual setup.
- Thirdly, in a pandemic-induced environment, adapting manual assessments to an online teaching model will be an absolute nightmare for teachers.
Assessments have, therefore, long been one of the most important pain points for teachers. But with Dynamind’s online learning platform, creating an assessment is now a seamless three-step process that takes them no more than 5 minutes, and it can’t get any better.
Here is how you, as a teacher, can create assessments in 3 simple steps once you have logged in and created a profile as a tutor.
- Create an appropriate title for your assessment.
- Describe your assessment in about 250 words in order to let students know who it is meant for and what learning outcomes can be expected.
- Upload an image that is reflective of the topic so that the assessments can capture the attention of the target students.
- Use discovery tags to make it easy for you and your students to identify the course.
- Define the number of questions for the assessment.
- Choose from one of our 6 difficulty levels.
- Allot the time needed to complete the assessment.
- Choose the price at which you would like to sell the assessment. You can also create free assessments.
- Use our multiple-level filters to identify the most appropriate questions for your objectives.
- Select the defined number of questions from several thousand questions that will pop up from our question bank based on your defined filters.
- Mark the evaluation criteria for real-time results that students can generate online.
- Publish your free or paid assessments here.
Five aspects that are unique to Dynamind’s AI-powered remediation platform
- Teachers can create any number of assessments easily in just minutes. The assessments can also be downloaded and shared as a PDF file via email or WhatsApp with students. Students can then log in to the platform, answer the assessments, and access real-time evaluations and peer-to-peer benchmarking.
- Teachers can add their own questions to the assessments generated by the question bank. Questions so added will remain the intellectual property of the tutors at all times.
- Our multi-level filters provide easy options to create quality assessments based on grades, subjects, and thousands of micro-topics.
- Our platform provides up to 6 categories of difficulty levels, which teachers can use at the click of a button to personalize assessments either for each student or for a cohort of students with similar knowledge and understanding levels.
- Teachers have the option to create free assessments or decide the price at which they would like to sell the assessments using our platform as a marketplace for assessments.
Log in as a tutor to dynamind.co and create your first assessment today.