What are the many forms of NEET? NEET is usually assumed to be the only medical test by students in classes 11 and 12. However, there are three different sorts of NEET exams: UG, PG, and SS. As a result, students in grades 11 and 12 are studying for the NEET UG exam, which they will take after passing their board exams. Here’s everything you need to know about the NEET 2022 examinations in this best education blog. The differences between the three versions of NEET tests, as well as other information.
Also Read: Qualities a NEET Aspirant Should Possess
What exactly is NEET-UG?
NEET UG stands for National Eligibility for Undergraduate Entrance Test. It is the undergraduate medical entrance examination. Students who meet the requirements are admitted to undergraduate medical programs such as MBBS, BDS, and others.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG
The following are the NEET UG eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have received a minimum of 50% in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in class 12 to be considered.
- A candidate who falls into the reserved group just needs to score 40% on the qualifying exam.
- The upper age limit of 25 years has been lifted by NMC. The minimum age is 17 years old.
- Candidates interested in pursuing a B.Sc Nursing degree must meet the NEET eligibility requirements, which include a minimum of 45 percent in PCB in class 12. Candidates must take English as a required subject.
- NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and Foreign Nationals, in addition to Indians, are eligible.
When applying for NEET Counseling, students must have original documents that meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
NEET UG Application Process
The NEET-UG enrollment process is entirely online. The following sections provide an explanation of the key processes in the online application process.
- To apply for the NEET UG exams, aspirants must complete an online application form.
- The NEET application form must be completed in two stages. The first step of the NEET application form needs candidates to enter personal, contact, and academic information. The scanned photos must be uploaded. Students must input their education, location of birth, parent’s income, category, citizenship, PWBD, and Class 10 pass certificate in the second phase of NEET registration.
What is NEET PG, and what does it stand for?
The acronym NEET PG refers to National Eligibility and Entrance Test for Postgraduate Studies. It is a medical entrance exam for master’s degree candidates in fields such as medicine, pathology, and other chevaliers. Students who have completed their bachelor’s degree or MBBS can take the NEET PG exam to gain admission to postgraduate courses such as MD, MS, MDS, PG diplomas, and others at some of India’s most prestigious colleges.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the NEET exam, students must meet the minimum eligibility requirements. The following are the NEET PG eligibility requirements:
- According to the Indian Medical Council Act, candidates who studied in India must obtain a pass certificate for a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree, or a provisional MBBS.
- They must have an Indian or state medical council-issued MBBS registration certificate.
- Applicants for the exam must have finished or be about to complete a year of internship.
- An Indian citizen who graduated from a foreign medical school must pass the Medical Council of India Screening Test.
- Foreign nationals must register in the nation where they obtained their medical bachelor’s degree. They are exempt from Medical Council of India registration (MCI). They will receive a temporary registration after paying for their application.
NEET PG Application Process
Candidates must apply for NEET-PG by filling out an application form. Here’s how to apply for the NEET PG programs.
- Applicants must complete a six-step process to effectively fill out the NEET PG application form.
- They must first register, complete the form, upload scanned images/documents, select an exam city, pay the application money, and print the confirmation page.
- You must pay the NEET PG application fees online with a credit/debit card or through internet banking.
What exactly is NEET SS?
NEET SS is an abbreviation for National Eligibility and Entrance Test Super Specialty. This exam is for those who have finished their master’s degree program. Students who pass this exam get accepted into MCh programs.
NEET SS Eligibility Criteria
According to the National Board of Examinations, the following are the basic eligibility criteria for NEET SS:
- Candidates must hold an MS/MD/DNB or comparable postgraduate degree from a recognized institution.
- Candidates who are taking a postgraduate test in the same year are also eligible for NEET SS.
- The applicant must be a member of the Indian Medical Council or a state medical council.
- The Indian Medical Council does not need foreign candidates to register. They should, however, register with the appropriate authorities in their own nation. At the moment of admission, MCI offers international candidates a temporary registration.
NEET SS Application Process
NEET SS has an entirely online application process, including online submission. It is not necessary for applicants to send a hard copy of their application through mail or courier. The application form stipulates that
- Candidates must fill out personal and academic information, as well as scan and upload signatures, photos, and thumb imprints.
- After completing the application form, candidates must pay the application cost online.
- It is possible to do payments through net banking and debit/credit cards. Furthermore, there are no distinctions in the amount of the application fee for the candidate’s category. As a result, it will be the same for all candidates, regardless of their category.
NEET UG, PG, and SS have vastly distinct scopes. As a result, students should become familiar with the various sorts of NEET exams and prepare properly. Undergraduates take NEET-UG, graduates take NEET-PG, and postgraduates take NEET-SS. NTA offers a variety of options for students to pursue their goals and desires. Students must take advantage of the options available to them and therefore use strategic planning to achieve the greatest results.
Dynamind, on the other hand, can help students prepare for their NEET exam by providing them with the best quality study materials prepared by experts from various educational backgrounds. Every student will also get daily practice papers to solve and improve their concept knowledge along with instant feedback and a correction plan. Moreover, students will also get personalized doubt-clearing sessions under the guidance of an expert. All they need to do is to register for FREE on Dynamind and start on their journey towards successful NEET preparation. So, What are you waiting for?
Related Article: Strike a Balance Between Theory and MCQs in your NEET Exam